We as FEST, Foundation for European Sustainable Tourism– attended the UNWTO Awards for Excellence and Innovation in Tourism which took place on January 22nd in Madrid, at the International Tourism Trade Fair (FITUR) which will host this event in the future.
Here’s the winners of the categories:
- UNWTO Ulysses Award for Innovation in Public Policy and Governance: Responsible Tourism Project at Kumarakom, Department of Tourism, Government of Kerala, India
- UNWTO Ulysses Award for Innovation in Enterprises: Arromanches 1944, Biplan, France
- UNWTO Ulysses Award for Innovation in Non-Governmental Organizations: From Charity to Social Entrepreneurship, Borneo Ecotourism Solutions and Technologies (BEST) Society, Malaysia
- UNWTO Ulysses Award for Innovation in Research and Technology: 3D AR Visual Portal, DSP Studio & Momentum Studio, Croatia
- UNWTO Award for Lifetime Achievement: Richard Quest, host of CNN’s flagship daily business programme “Quest means Business” and the monthly “CNN Business Traveller” for his contribution in promoting the presence of the tourism sector in global media.
- UNWTO Ulysses Prize for Creation and Dissemination of Knowledge: Professor Tej Vir Singh, Founding Director of the Centre for Tourism Research & Development (CTRD) in India, as well as Founding Editor of the highly respected scientific journal Tourism Recreation Research
The UNWTO Awards for Excellence and Innovation in Tourism are the flagship awards for the global tourism sector, recognizing knowledge creation, dissemination and innovative applications.
Congratulations to all winners and keep up the sustainable and innovative tourism work!