Every year, more than one billion tourists cross international borders. There are some simple actions, some suggested also by the UNWTO, that we want to share with you before your summer travel starts.
Here our 10 tips for a sustainable holiday:
- Respect local culture
- Buy local
- Save energy
- Use public transport (or bikes!)
- Protect heritage
- Recycle paper, plastic and glass
- Hire local guides
- Bring cloth bags to the Market
- Support responsible travel companies and hotels
- Teach your kids to be good travelers
Following these easy tips anybody can become responsible tourists: few and simple actions are an opportunity for good!
Make actions count and transform one billion tourists into one billion opportunities for sustainable development around the world!