From the 6th to the 9th October the OPEN DAYS 2014 will take place during the European Week of Regions and Cities. The 12th edition of the OPEN DAYS will involve 36 cities, including 13 capitals, and 156 regions.
The OPEN DAYS 2014 will be held under the slogan ‘Growing together – Smart investment for people’. The main themes of the OPEN DAYS 2014 are:
- Connecting regional strategies: smart specialisation, digital agenda, SME support, low-carbon economy , training and social inclusion,boosting innovation, creativity and modernization across the European industrial sector, social inclusion; urban dimension.
- Building capacity: exchange of good practices and instruments in programme management (financial engineering, public procurement procedures, performance and impact evaluation with a stronger emphasis on transparency standards, partnership arrangements).
- Territorial cooperation: the new generation of pan-European programmes (INTERREG, URBACT, ESPON, INTERACT); international cooperation.
105 workshops and debates will be part of the main OPEN DAYS 2014 programme in Brussels:
- 26 workshops include 13 capital cities and regions from 31 countries organised by Regional partnerships;
- 37 workshops and debates organised by 11 Directorates General;
- 34 workshops organised at the Committee of the Regions;
- 8 workshops will be dedicated to the OPEN DAYS University.