Thinking about going into the tourism industry ? Or maybe you work there already but have never had training?
The Sustainable Manager in Tourism Sector Erasmus+ Project (SMARTOUR) has designed 10 training modules on key sustainable topics you can take through 3 simple steps. Each unit last between 30 mins and 1 hour. A simple test is available at the end of each module.
Follow the 3 steps:
- Register: smartour.dcnet.eu
- Select and take up to 10 Smart modules.
- Take the test and get your certificate.
SMARTOUR was developed by and with the tourism industry – here is the list of topics available:
- Accessibility – what is the scope and potential of this growing market for those with access needs?
- Sustainable Supply Chains – what are the actions needed to get the most from your local supply chain?
- Sustainable Food and drink tourism – how important is food and drink for the tourist offer? and what simple low cost actions can you take
- Social media and marketing – developing your markets and guidance on social media
- Seasonality – developing a plan for seasonality
- Quality – what is service quality and how does it link to the visitor experience?
- Training – planning and thinking about training for staff
- EU Quality Principles – a simple and practical guide to EU Quality principles
- Energy Controls – why you need to control energy
- Interpreting Energy Bills – looking at energy bills and saving money
- Indoor Air Quality – what affects customer comfort in rooms?
Start with step 1: Register
Project website – http://www.smartourproject.eu/
Facebook page -Sustainable Tourism in Europe https://www.facebook.com/smartourproject