After 2-year pilot the project TOURISMlink reached its completion. On 24th of June the Review Conference of the project took place in Brussels. The conference ended with the signature of the Memorandum of Understanding on the continuation of the project.
TOURISMlink built a Europe-wide online platform to connect small travel businesses (such as providers of accommodation, transport and complementary services) with travel agents and tour operators. The aim of the project is to increase the competitiveness of SMEs across Europe in today’s digital marketplace.
During two-year pilot phase TOURISMlink was tested in Spain, Italy & Croatia as destination countries; Czech Republic, Croatia, Sweden, Romania, Greece, Finland, Germany, Belgium & Portugal as source markets.
The project brings together the perspective of the Travel Agent and Hotelier starting from the necessity of interoperability and common standards in the European travel market. Adopting a common language tourism destinations are able to turn in smart and competitive destinations.
Philip Weiss, Chairman at ZNConsulting, started the Review Conference underling the seven steps to embrace digital change for tourism and travel industry:
1. Start an online journey
2. Travel in the shoes of your emerging customers
3. Use digital channels to improve the services you offer
4. Be a creator: in tourism it’s all about stories
5. Sharing through the social networks is actually the new marketing
6. We need to experiment and learn, it’s a process of constant experimentation
7. Remember that a journey starts with a single step
More information: www.tourismlink.eu