Two important news for this summer from FEST – Foundation for European Sustainable Tourism:
- The Launch of FEST Membership
- The Call for Host Organisations for the Summer School 2015 “Leadership and Governance for Sustainable Tourism”
Become a Member of FEST!
To create a strong synergy and cooperation with the relevant tourism actors, FEST set up a membership program, open to all organisations that share the same principles as FEST and are committed and dedicated to sustainable tourism. By becoming a corporate member, organisations will raise awareness for the need to implement sustainable development in the tourism sector, contributing to the overcome of the great sustainability challenge: that sustainable tourism is not a special form of tourism, but that all forms of tourism must be sustainable
Some reasons to join FEST:
- Network & Connect: FEST members will be able to effectively connect with other members, through the annual Summer School in Leadership and Governance for Sustainable Tourism, and other smaller side events. Connect with relevant stakeholders, promote your actions and find the right partners for your projects.
- Knowledge: Learn more about the policies that shape tourism sector and discover funding opportunities. Get the latest news and articles on sustainable tourism with newsletter and register for webinars. We can also assist you in preparing your next project. Additionally, you can contribute with your expertise to the maintenance of PM4SD™ and be part of the experts’ group.
- Promote & Disseminate: Take advantage of FEST communication channels and show the world your latest achievements, whether it is a project, a product or an event.
- Active Participation: Members will have the ability to be involved in key decision making processes that will shape the work of FEST.
More info about benefits, fees, opportunities of sponsorship:
Host the Summer School 2015!
After the success of the Summer School 2014 from the 1st to the 3rd of July in Seinäjoki, Finland FEST – Foundation for European Sustainable Tourism is already organizing the next edition of the Summer School “Leadership and Governance for Sustainable Tourism” in July 2015. The Summer School takes place in the first or second week of July for three days.
The Summer School is a good opportunity for the hosting organisation to promote itself, as it will be internationally exposed within the tourism sector. The first edition of the Summer School in 2013 has been hosted by the University of Suor Orsola Benincasa in Naples, Italy, while the second one took place at the Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences in Finland.
Key stakeholders, project management practitioners, funders, policy makers, academics and entrepreneurs discuss and exchange knowledge, and present innovative projects in sustainable tourism during the Summer School. It has been set up in the context of the EU Lifelong Learning Programme “Project Management for Sustainable Tourism”, with a board including representatives of UNWTO, UNEP, UNDP, NECSTouR, Euromed Heritage Programme, FEST and Leeds Metropolitan University. Eligible organisations are:
- Public tourism authorities,
- Private tourism organisations/associations;
- Convention and visitors bureaus;
- Chambers of commerce;
- Resort associations;
- Other suitable local, regional or national organisations.
All the requirements about venue, location and accessibility, conference room, accommodation, marketing and budget are explained in the Call for Host Organisation.
The Summer School Organising Committee will be constituted by the host organisation plus two representatives from FEST.
All organisations interested in hosting the Summer School must submit their application, in writing (paper or email), until 31st October of the year prior to the Summer School. Organizations that respond to the criteria will be contacted for an interview and/or a meeting. FEST will evaluate all applications, and the final result will be announced to the winner on 28th November. The Summer School will be announced to the public on 1st December. The application is submitted to:
FEST / Jlag
Micro Business Centre
26 Rue de la Loi, 2nd floor
1040 Brussels, Belgium